Without the Coire na Ciste and West Wall Chairlifts CairnGorm Mountain is no longer complete.
- 50% of mid-mountain lifts removed.
- Regularly excessive queues due to lack of mid-mountain capacity.
- The West Wall Poma (WWP) leaves many – particularly families – unable to access the most extensive intermediate & advanced terrain.
- The West Wall Poma alone does not fully serve Coire na Ciste. Limits advanced terrain & can lead to long queues.
- Unacceptable lack of facilities in Coire na Ciste – not even toilets, with lengthy queues for the shuttle bus to Coire Cas.
- West Wall Poma is far less snow-sure than the runs it serves.
- From Boxing day till close of the 2014 Season the Ciste Gully was complete for 131 days, but only lift served for 14 days.
REINSTATE THE CHAIRLIFTS
- Easier and faster access to the mountain for all, by reducing congestion in Coire Cas.
- Chairlifts provide alternative non-surface uplift to the easy upper mountain terrain when the Funicular is closed or late opening due to drifting snow.
- Reduce pressure on the shuttle bus service, removing queues and reducing costs.
- Only the Chairlifts allow for unrestricted lift-served summer activities. Exit from the Funicular is only possible on guided activities with CML guides.
- Only the West Wall Chairlift adequately serves the main Ciste runs.
- Mid-line loading on the Ciste Chairlift to replace the decommissioned Aonach Poma which was removed in February 2010. Bringing the full length of the Ciste Runs back into the lift served area.
^The Lower Aonach Bowl in 2013, mid-line loading of the Ciste Chair would once again lift serve this.
Please browse the Save the Ciste website for more in depth information. Be sure to check out the ‘Save the Ciste Manifesto’: An outline of how the Ciste Chairlifts can play a critical role in enhancing and growing the snowsports offering on CairnGorm Mountain.